September 5, 2008

My Sister is FINALLY a Mommy!

I just wanted to post a quick congrats to my Sister Holly and her husband Brad. They have been wanting a baby for over 5 years and today it finally happened! Thank you to the birthmom (Rachel) who made this happen for them. She just gave Holly and Brad the best gift ever. I cant stop thinking (and crying) about what this young lady did for my Sister today. What an unselfish act. I am so grateful. I know that because of what Holly and Brad have gone through they will be the BEST parents ever. Baby Grady is one lucky boy!

When we were struggling to get pregnant with our first baby and I found this excellent poem on the internet two years before we had Christian. I kept it and put it in his scrapbook as the first page. I think it is very fitting for Holly and Brad.

Thoughts On Becoming A Mommy
There are women that become mothers without effort, and though they are good mothers and love their children, I know that I will be better.

I will be a better Mother not because of genetics, or that I have read better books. But because I have struggled and toiled for this child- O have longed and waited.

I have endured and planned over and over again. Like most things in life, the people who truly have appreciation are those who have struggled to attain their dreams.

I will notice everything about my child. I will take the time to watch my child sleep, explore and discover. I will marvel at this miracle everyday for the rest of my life.

I will be happy when I wake in the middle of the night to the sound of my child, knowing I can comfort, hold and feed and that I am not waking to give myself another injection of Profesi and cry tears of a broken dream- my dream will be crying for me.

I count myself lucky in this sense, that God has given me this insight, this special vision with which I will look upon my child that my friends will not see.

Whether I parent a child I give birth to or a child God leads me to......I will not be careless with my love. I will be a better mother for all that I have endured.

-By Karen Vilardo-

Congratulations again Holly and Brad! If you want to see a picture of baby Grady go to Holly's blog. He is adorable!

5 comments:

Kizzy said...

how awesome for your sister! congrats on your new nephew. we are so happy for your family! and i love your new hair. soo cute!

little miss bean said...

thanks for the afternoon cry. i love that poem! it is just perfect for holly. that grady is one lucky boy! xoxo

Juli said...

It was so great to hear and see Holly and Brad's new addition. Congratulations on becoming an aunt-again!

Kaye said...

I'm so happy for Holly....I'm not even sure if she remembers me. Anyways, I have been stalking her blog, and I am so excited! I love news that makes me cry happy tears. Congratulations to your whole family!

Anonymous said...

Julianne....Congrats on becomming an Auntie again....He is absolutley adorable!!! Congrats to Holly and Brad...what a lucky baby Grady is!!