1. Before we even left our sunny home in Phoenix, Christian and Chase were fighting about who got to go in the Winters' car. Name calling, hitting and someone in a head lock ended them both in our car the whole trip sitting nice and snug right next to each other.
2. In the rage of all the fighting, Dan forgot our camp chairs. He realized this about 15 minutes after we left so we made a stop at Walmart to get new chairs.
3. We get to our sledding place only to find that it has been shut down- darn economy (we like to blame the economy for everything in our house).
4. We go further up to Flagstaff until we can't drive any further- we cant see the road anymore and the snowfall is getting pretty bad. By this time the kids have eaten almost all the food we brought and they are sick of being in the car.
5. We turn around and find a spot off the side of the road that looks decent- this is what it looked like...it snowed on us the WHOLE time.
I didn't take many pictures because the sledding didn't last long or I was in the car. To see more pictures you can go to Cindy's blog. The kids did have fun for about 30 minutes. Well, Cooper was awesome he had fun the whole time. As for our grand plans....we did have a fire that was a little smoky most of the time. Colby was in a camp chair and almost fell into the fire. Bart forgot the pot for hot chocolate. We did have smores that were YUMMY! Colby pretty much sat and cried the whole time- he is not a fan of the snow. But, here is a picture of him smiling.
Chase had fun for a little bit.
Cooper had a blast- stayed and sled while his other brothers were crying in the car!
Christian- oh my, this kid.....I have NEVER seen him cry like this before. It was crazy. Once he got cold, it was over! He could have won an academy award for his walk back to the car. It was hysterical! He bawled so loud and then he stopped midway to the car and took off his gloves, dropped in the snow and bawled louder. From "camp" we yelled while we were laughing, "Christian, are you ok?" He turned around giving us the dirtiest look and said, " Shut up you faggots". I have never been so proud! He proceeds to the car and one of his boots falls off! He throws the boot and continues to walk to the car in his sock! From the audience standpoint, it was the best!
Our sweet baby sound asleep in the car.
I think next year Dan and Cooper should take a sledding trip!
More Christmas Break photos to come......I should go to bed now.
10 comments:
Julianne, this post made me laugh!! Sounds like you guys had a fun time with all the crying and stuff... haha! Faggot. haha!! Seriously... that's probably my favorite part of it all!!! hahaha!!
Love the pic of christian crying, brings back such good memories!!!
Oh my gosh that was sooo funny! I don't think I've heard that word for like 15 years which is probably the last time I said it. Oh good times! Gotta love snow, it brings out the best in people
Too funny, sorry that it wasn't a pleasant experience, but always something to look back on and laugh or shake your head, thats what I do.
in all that planning no one thought to check the weather??? I'll keep that in mind next time you try to plan something with me. Too bad we missed out on this one. I love seeing Christian and Chase fight!!!
actually Christians crying is pretty entertaining.
Oh. My. Gosh. That is the best story ever! Ha ha ha. That would have been worth the whole trip right there. Ha ha ha, faggots!
I was laughing out loud to this post! So hilarious!
I havent laughed like that in a while!! It's alway's funnier when it's other's kids and not your own.
Brent
I haven't had such a good laugh in a long time. I love the whole 'academy award' thing! I've seen all these scenarios at one time or another in my life... just not all at once. So funny!!!
Great post! I laughed and laughed! I want you to know that I laughed so hard because it reminded me of a trip we took about 7 years ago to the Grand Canyon at Spring Break. Who in the heck would have thought that it would snow so hard Spring Break that it looked like it was a blizzard. The whole trip sounded very much like yours. Oh good times, good times. We now think back to it and laugh and laugh about it! One thing about it. We made some memorable memories, that's for sure!
Take Care,
JoLynn
Post a Comment