June 29, 2009

Why do I live in HELL??

Every time Summer rolls around here in AZ I ask myself this very question! It is so HOT here right now - I'm sure Hell feels like this. I even went swimming today and it wasn't refreshing, it felt like a warm bath! This is when I REALLY miss California. This time of year I have to remind myself why we stay here. Here is my list - I might forget some reasons right now since I am being so negative about the heat- easy to be negative about the heat when your feet are so swollen they look like elephant feet! I know this is partly due to being pregnant. Anyway.....
1. $$$$$$ it is way more affordable here
2. The winter weather is amazing!
3. We live VERY close to riding locations, BMX tracks, the lake, a water park , hiking trails, and soon a Temple that will be less than 5 minutes away. To go to most of these places in California you have to drive at least an hour.
4. There are beautiful places to visit here in Arizona that are not too far away and are way cooler (temp. wise) than Phoenix- Sedona, Prescott, Flagstaff, Grand Canyon, etc.
5. We have good friends here and it would be hard to leave them. (I know, this should be at the top).
This is all I can think of right now. Why do you enjoy living in Arizona???

4 comments:

Tara said...

That's a bad question to ask me right now. I'm in Cali and I can't remember why I live in Az either. The ONLY reason I can think of is my friends. It's about 80 degrees right now and we just got back from the beach. Aaaaaaa, I love it here :) Make sure to hold the baby in until I get home!!!

Ashley said...

The only thing I can think of is because it's where all my family is and it's home. Otherwise I'd be outta here!!!

P.S. My feet were swollen today too. Maybe I'm pregnant???

heidi said...

I don't live there but secretly I want to REAL bad...

One of the things I LOVE about Arizona is that you guys have a store for everything!!!!!

One of my favorites? The RIBBON store...awesome!!

Matt and Melissa said...

Now that I don't live in AZ I miss so much about it. Mostly my friends and family. I also really miss how so many stores were easily in short driving distances. I feel like the grocery stores here are not convenient. There is no -oops I forgot something at the store, I'll be right back. It's kinda a pain.