December 11, 2008

BIG NEWS!

BE PREPARED- This is a LONG one and I dont blame you for not reading the whole thing!
Although I am not planning on posting this anytime soon I thought I would keep a record of my thoughts during this new journey:Yesterday Sat. Nov 22nd we found out we are expecting! Wow! What!!?? Weren't we done??!!?? I was getting more and more suspicious each day- I never really got my period (dont worry, I wont go into details), I was and am SOOOO tired, I was and am not feeling good especially in the mornings before I eat, my boobs started hurting AND my stomach has been so bloated (well, I thought it was bloated). SERIOUSLY, my belly button is already out. It is so crazy! I just bought my first ever pair of BUCKLE jeans (if you know Buckle, you know they are pretty pricey)! I guess I will be returning them! Anyway, I have had a nice run of emotions yesterday and today (it is Sunday the 23rd as I am typing this). I guess I will list all of what I am feeling- in no particular order.
1. Worried- how are we going to do this financially? I do not have maternity coverage! It costs A LOT of money to have a baby these days! Dan's job sucks right now- it could be worse though.
2. Space- Where am I going to put a 5th child! Again, it could be worse....it always can be, right? We only have three bedrooms! We will make it work.
3. GUILTY- I feel so guilty for not feeling a 100% excited about this. I know how hard it can be to get pregnant with a child. We've been there. My own sister has not been able to EVER get pregnant and here I am on my 11th pregnancy and I'm not 100% excited about it (not yet at least)- I feel guilty about that.
4. Worried (again)- Yes, I have been pregnant 11 times. You do that math- I am scared of the whole miscarriage thing.
5. EXCITED- I love our babies! I am always excited to have a baby. From the second I find out I am pregnant my mind already thinks ahead... What will he look like, what will we name him, what will his personality be like? Notice how I am expecting to have another BOY! Yes, I will be excited if this boy really turns out to be a girl but REALLY I am expecting it to be a boy and I am ok with that. To be honest I am scared to have a girl for A LOT of reasons.
6. Worried (yep, again)- I DO NOT want to have another emergency C-Section. I want all to go well with labor and delivery. I dont want this baby to have breathing problems when he is born and have to be in the hospital for a week like 3 of my other kids! If these things do happen I know everything will be fine, I just prefer them not to happen!
7. I am going to get fat again! Here I was trying to lose weight!
8. Priesthood- I am grateful for our sweet Bishop who gave me a blessing today at Tithing Settlement. Yes, I need to have more faith. I know that Heavenly Father knows me personally and that he is blessing me right now.
9. Stuff- I just got rid of ALL my clothes that were too big for me. I also got rid of ALL my maternity clothes and baby items!
10. SANITY- With every child you have I REALLY think you lose a little bit of sanity. I want my children to be raised by a Mother that is happy and all there- does that make sense? I do my best.
11. I know the LORD really wanted this to happen and that this is a huge blessing. I dont think it will be easy but I DO KNOW IT WILL BE WORTH IT!

Today is Monday November 24th.I am very happy today! My insurance company said I could add maternity coverage and that it would be effective Jan. 1st. That means everything after Jan. 1st will be covered! That is HUGE good news! I also returned my expensive pair of Buckle jeans today :( and went into the maternity store and bought a summer dress on clearance for $12.99. Oh, and I thought of a cute boy name already- CARTER (maybe). Now that the insurance thing is taken care of I am mainly just worried about miscarriage. I am hoping to get into the Dr. soon and get a quick ultrasound done to "see" if everything is ok.

Today is Tuesday the 25th. I HATE this part of pregnancy. I feel like I am going crazy! One second I feel like I might miscarry and then the next minute I feel like it will all be ok. I know there is nothing I can do and I should just relax and take one day at a time BUT that is way easier said than done. I have miscarried so many times and I know that horrible feeling of disappointment and I really dont want to feel that again. Each SECOND that goes by I get more and more excited. Dont get me wrong, I still am worried about A LOT of things but right now I am just excited to see my boys become big brothers again and to just relish in the joy of having a newborn again.

Today is Wed. December 3rd. The last few days I have been feeling more and more pregnant. But, on Sunday morning I had some spotting and really bad back pain. I wont go into detail but it REALLY freaked me out. I thought for sure that this pregnancy was not going to last. I called my Dr. office on Monday. They said the progesterone suppositories that I am taking could cause spotting. Still I am worried. They said I could come in this Friday for an Ultrasound (US) but there is a chance that it might be too early to see the heartbeat. I am also scheduled for an US next Thursday where there for sure should be a heartbeat. Now I just have to decide what to do. See, I have to pay for these US because my coverage starts Jan 1st. I also need to turn in my paperwork for maternity coverage. I dont want to turn it in if I am going to miscarry. Anyway, it is crazy how everyday I feel different- one day I feel like it will all be ok and then the next sucks! I HATE THIS PART!!! I have taken 9, yes NINE pregnancy tests. My nurse jokingly said that I need to buy stock in pregnancy tests! My reasoning for taking all these tests is this- If I am going to miscarry then the pregnant line will get fainter and fainter, does that make sense- probably not unless you have experienced multiple miscarriages. I was also told not to exercise, etc. because of the spotting. Now everyone is wondering where the heck I am - I am not at aerobics or basketball and I am running out of excuses! The stress SUCKS and the lack of exercise is not helping me feel any better! Oh, this was funny- this morning I was feeling really nauseous and Cooper came in my bed. I told him that I was not feeling good. He said, "Oh, hold on Mom, let me get my bowl for you". Two nights ago he was throwing up in "his bowl".

Today is Thursday Dec. 4th.

I went to bed last night at 10pm (a early record for me) and woke up around 10:30am! My nice Husband has been getting the older kids ready and taking them to school last week and this week. He even went grocery shopping this morning. I am feeling like the biggest loser Mother. Dan does not make me feel like this it is just me. Dan says I just need to rest- we both know that in a few weeks I wont be so tired.

Today is Tuesday Dec. 9th.Today I am 7 weeks. I am way looking forward to Thursday. I have been thinking that everything will be ok but I have thought that before and it wasn't ok. I am just looking forward to knowing. Also, Dan told the boys tonight that I am pregnant. They are WAY excited! I told them not to tell anyone until after my Doctor's appointment on Thursday (like that is going to happen)! Christian told me that he already told his primary teacher, Brittney Clark.

Today is the actual day that I am going to post this. It is Thursday December 11th. I saw the heartbeat and I feel MUCH better! We are due July 26th! Oh, and we are NOT planning on finding out what we are having this time around.

25 comments:

Cindy said...

The Winters fam is so excited, we are ready for another baby and we are way too old to have one ourselves!! And by the way, you are the best mom in the whole wide world-I'm sure all the hot mamas will agree!! We're there for ya!

Mary said...

WHAT!!!!!!!! WHY AREN'T YOU GOING TO FIND OUT THE SEX OF THE BABY!?!? I CAN'T DEAL WITH THE SUSPICION!

Holly said...

Ummm....find out the sex of that baby!! If it were me, I wouldn't find out, but YOU need to find out!! The reason: cuz I said so and I'm older and wiser!! FIND OUT!! BTW, I want another neice so I will be on cloud 9 if it is a girl, but man would I feel bad for that little girl to have 4 older brothers!!!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Congratulations!!! Everytime I've been pregnant (5 times) I've always had a huge amount of emotions. I have those same emotions each time I've been pregnant. Man, my heart was feeling for you as I was reading. I'm so excited for you! And BTW, you are a very very good mom! And your a HOT MAMA too! Don't worry about anything, everything always has a way of working out all will be just great. So just sit back and enjoy the pregnancy.
JoLynn
P.S. Oh and I'm going to go against the sisters here, I think it would be way fun not to know what you are having. I also think we need to throw you a shower since you don't have anything anymore!

heidi said...

Congratulation! How fun for your family, there is nothing like a new baby...I swear when they come into the home there is a different tone and all is well! I'll be thinking about you, get as much rest as you possibly can!

KaraJean said...

We are way excitied for you to have number 5!

Cindy, you and Bart are not to old!!!

The Richardsons said...

Oh my!! I think Julia was on to something when she took those cutesy pictures of Colby. Love the name Carter. Congratulations!

*JULIA* said...

Jen's is right. I just had this feeling that I should take pics of colby so you can see what a king girl would look like. I also have the feeling that you need to find out what the sex of the baby is so get on that quick! Congratulations and I am soo excited to hold your new baby and hold it so you can sit through RS.

barryblog said...

I am so happy for you. I have a sneaking suspicion that next time I get pregnant, I will be taking 9 tests and freaking out a little more than usual, too. I am just so happy for you and hope things go well.

Audra said...

Congrats! Glad to know all is well and I am SOOoooooooooooooo happy for you and your family.

Your last post had me worried.

Tara said...

Can't wait for King baby number 5!!! So glad everything is well, and that you've been ditching aerobics for a good reason :)

Anonymous said...

Julianne...#5..WOW
1. Congrats, congrats, congrats...
2. You must have patience of a saint, I can hardly handle the 2 I've got
3. Yes, you ARE going to find out the sex, cause we all want to know!
4. I love the name Carter, I was going to use that if I had a boy!
XOXOX...miss ya!

The McLaws Family said...

I am so happy, but man what a month this has been for you. You are such a strong Momma! Can't wait to see King #5.

Briannon said...

what a minute, when is girls camp? Does this mean your not going to put me in a bag this year? I dont know if I want to go now

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's exciting... Even though it was not expected. A new baby is always fun. I hope you have a cute little girl! Congrats again!

Kaye said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations. I hope you feel better....it is hard taking care of 4 boys when you are pregnant, but doable. I can't believe you are making us wait until July to find out, but I still love you. If you have another boy, we should start a club or something!

Brianne said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you and your family. I know exactly how you feel about the miscarriage thing and the worry. I actually would be having a baby about 5 days after you but I had a miscarriage yesterday. I am very sad but I know that Heavenly Father is going to still bless me with more children. You will be in my prayers. Thank you for sharing you thoughts, they actually help me.

Joe and Dawn said...

Congratulations again!!! BTW-Are you sure you don't want to find out what are having? I have plenty of summer girls clothes to pass along:) I'm also just about done with my maternity clothes so if there's anything you want to borrow, just let me know:)
Dawn

Rebekah's Mom said...

Oh, Julianne. I'm all happy and teary for you. I still have all the clothes you gave me, and I'll get the elastic-waisted ones out for you. I think that you need to remember that you're in great shape so you shouldn't be worried about the wieght thing. I know that's a tough one to let go....but seriously-just be comfortable. I totally understand if you don't find out the sex...but it will drive me NUTS! and I think a shower with the "Ellsworth" girls would be way fun. I'm so happy for you...and love you tons!

katie said...

So...I guess I should read blogs more often so I don't have to be told to read your blog to find out : ) Congratulations!!!!

Nate said...

HEY GUYS! Congrats. That is so exciting. I am betting you will have a girl.

P.s. I read the whole post, and I don't read blogs very often. :)

Britney said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! And, I hope you have a little girl too!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

I still can't believe that you are pregnant! The temple was a fun place to find out that you were pregnant! I am so excited for you guys!!!!!

Harper said...

Congratulations! We are excited for you!

little miss bean said...

FIVE! girl, you guys are brave... it must be that pitton in you! and if you follow your mom's pattern... four of one, then one of another... maybe it WILL be a girl. although carter is WAY cute! xoxo