
This Hospital is very near and dear to me. As many of you know, Carter spent time here in the NICU when he was born. We LOVED this hospital. To make a long story short (I will try), I have wanted to give back to this Hospital and I have thought about it over and over again but just haven't had the time or what have you. Anyway, I have been reading this blog (she is amazing) and I LOVED this idea.
Carter and I were rushed to the hospital in an ambulance and I only had what was in my purse! I remember the first night we were there, after all the tests were done and family/friends were gone, I was ready to lay down and would have really LOVED to brush my teeth and curl up in a warm blanket! Sure, I could have called someone and no doubt they would have brought it but we don't live real close to this hospital. Sure, I could have gone down to the gift shop but I did not want to leave my baby and plus all the walking was killing me since having a c-section AND it was in the middle of the night so the shop was closed. Anyway, you get my point, don't you!!??

So, we are going to make 27 "bags" (this is how many beds are in the NICU) and include items for the parents AND a cute fleece blanket for the baby!Carter received this adorable blanket when we were there!
filled with things like:1.chap stick
2.gum
3.hair brush
4.shampoo
5.note pad and pen (trust me, the Doctors talk fast and when you are on a roller coaster like this, you need to take notes!),
6.Granola bars, goldfish, etc.
7.disposable camera (my BIGGEST regret is not taking more pictures. At the time, I did not want to remember the time we spent in the hospital)
8.toothbrush/paste
9.baby fleece blanket
10.adult fleece blanket to match the baby one (thanks Janna for this GREAT idea)
11.dogie stuffed animal with Carter's story attached. The Nurse at PCH actually told me to do this. She said families like to read the story behind these "bags". It gives them hope.
Do you want to help!!?? We would LOVE your help! Do you have any other suggestions??
I already have an awesome Young Woman willing to help me out and make this her Personal Progress project. I think we could have one or even two more YW make this their project too. If anyone is interested in this, let me know. There is A LOT to do!
Here is how you can help:
1. Keep all your Joann coupons- we need A LOT of fleece fabric! OR, if you have any fleece you are willing to donate, let me know.
2. There will be a Christmas tree at our church building with a tag you can take. The tag will list the item you can donate and how to go about doing this. (Thank you Audra for letting me butt in on your Humanitarian Aid project)
3. We will need 27 cute plastic bags like the one pictured above.
4. We will need help putting the bags together and delivering them!
Oh, and thanks to my friend Breba for helping me name this special project, "Carter Cares".
I am so very excited to get started!
9 comments:
Julianne,
What a wonderful and generous project! I want to help any way I can.
I love the name "Carter Cares".
I'm so proud of you!
Love,
Mama Marti
This is amazing, Julianne! I'll be getting some supplies to you! What a wonderful personal progress idea!
you mean your god daughter!
Julianne, You say you will need 27 plastic bags? Is the black and white bag pictured above plastic and that's the one you need 27 of?
(I think I'm Jeanette's account, but this is Laura)
What a great idea! i love this! I am in, tell me what to do.
Me too! ...I'd love to help! Please count me in.
Oh and thanks for the cookies too, awesome! ...Just.like.you!
Love it, count me in!!!
I Love this idea! I would like to add a post to our RS blog about this so people will know what the tags are on the tree. We are also participating in the other project with Audra. Do you have a specific thing you want me to post or can I just cut and paste from your blog?
Laura- yes, the bags are either plastic or fabric, like the reusable shopping bags, does that make sense? And yes, we will need 27. The picture I put up of a bag is the idea I am going for.
Carla- that would be so great if you can mention this on your Ward blog. Yes, go ahead a copy what you want from my blog. Thank you so much!
Post a Comment