March 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Christian!

9 years ago on March 23, 2000 our first child was born! Christian John King came 2 weeks early weighing 8 Lbs 10 Oz. He was the first "King" grandson on Dan's side of the family. After struggling to get pregnant for three years, Christian was and still is such a blessing to us!
He grew quickly and soon looked like a sumo baby!
I love this picture! Christian will be a little embarrassed that I am putting this one on here!
Always a happy boy! He has ALWAYS been very smart- he does not have to try very hard to do well in school.

Still is a happy boy! He is all boy...this kid is very talented at any sport he plays (I know, I am his Mother but it is true)! He loves to play football, soccer and basketball. He rode a motorcycle at age three a few weeks before he rode his bike without training wheels! In the last year he has become obsessed with watching sports games- mainly basketball and football. He loves to watch the sports shows where they go over the scores, etc. etc.
He is a good example and a good friend. He will be friends with anyone. He will always stick up for his friends.

He is a good big brother and has a BIG HEART!

We LOVE you Christian and are so proud of who you are!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Christian!! I hope you have a great day!! :)

Cindy said...

You are an awesome kid Christian!!
Happy Birthday!!!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Happy Birthday Christian! He is such a good looking boy! I can tell he is a good boy too!
JoLynn

Holly said...

I forgot how chunky he got as a baby!!! I can't believe he is 9!! So glad he's my nephew;)

Kaye said...

He's a cutie!

Harper said...

Happy Birthday, Christian! Wow ... I can't believe you're 9 already! You are a great boy! :)

*JULIA* said...

Where is YOUR birthday Post! 37 is a big one! Happy Birthday to one of my best friends!

Tara said...

Happy Birthday, Christian! (a little late) You are a great kid! I love how good you always are to kids younger than you too. You are a good leader :) Hope you had a super duper day!