April 9, 2012

Our amazing 12 year old!




Christian turned 12 March 23rd. Yesterday, Easter Sunday, he received the Priesthood. It was a special day for us all watching him pass the sacrament for the first time. Christian has 4 little brothers that watch him like a hawk and want to be just like him. He is a good example to them. Christian has such great confidence...something that I hope he will continue to have throughout his teen years, although I have noticed in the last few months that this confidence might have led him to believe that he already knows everything! He even tries to tell me how to drive!! He is really excited about being a Deacon (or "Dorkin" as my Dad likes to call them) and I am excited too. I know how much he will learn and grow by being in the Young Men's program. I love you Christian John King and am so proud of the young man that you are becoming!

2 comments:

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

what a wonderful day! I am a nervous wreck when Gavin passed the Sacrament for the first time this last December. My hands were sweaty, I was literally shaking. But he did SO good. These boys just get more impressive with age...don't you think? Well congrats to him and ALL of you for having such a wonderful Priesthood holding young man in your lives!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

This is such an exciting time and you have many more to come!